I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Remarkably Different

Yesterday I posted a video of a young man in real life pain. My intention was to write something completely different, but after I viewed his video, I couldn't even remember what I had wanted to write about. This morning upon first awakening, I kept thinking of  one word in his presentation: weirdo.

The dictionary's definition of this slang word is:

1. A person regarded as being very strange or eccentric.
2. A deranged, potentially dangerous person.
What in the world makes a little boy, only in second grade, start to be labeled as deranged or eccentric? Although I don't know him personally at all, it would be a guess that he merely didn't like to play the same way as the other kids. He didn't know how to express himself in the ways others were accustom to. Maybe he is on the autistic spectrum. There are an infinite number of reasons a little boy may be different, but that is my point.
We are all different. God made us all unique. It is Satan's ultimate goal to make that very unique quality that was put in us for God's purpose, to be viewed as a curse instead of a blessing. 
Here is what the dictionary's terms unique:
1. being the only one of a particular type; single; sole
2. without equal or like; unparalleled
3. Informal very remarkable or unusual
 adjectives
3. (with to) exclusive to, particular to, peculiar to, found only in, characteristic of
There is nothing weird about a young boy being different. 
It is weird how we treat others differences.
To be a healthy, whole human, living the life we where created to live, we need to embrace the difference we each hold and proudly go forth with dignity and give grace to those who don't understand.
Uniqueness and grace are both gifts from the One who created us.

No comments:

Post a Comment