I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Moments

My prompt today comes from an emailed newsletter from a friend. Her question was "How you doing right now?"  I loved what she had to say about the question and our being in God's hands each moment. It also made me think of the 1960's movies entitled Moment to Moment. I've previously written a short blog about that in an old post entitled Magic Moments. But today I've taken a slightly different perspective. Might be because I just got home from work and seeing at least a hundred people in the check out line. Each one of those interchanges were a moment of my time and theirs. It's my job to be friendly to each of them and for the most part it seemed to that they felt it and responded likewise. But there are some who just didn't want to go there. Too bad. Not for me, but for them. It ties into a tweet I got yesterday: "Learn how to enjoy where you are on the way to where you're going." (Joyce Meyer) It really is a choice. I haven't been real good at listening to this wisdom in the past, but one moment at a time, I am determined to rise above the feelings and put a genuine smile on my face and make "How you doing right now?" as delightful as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment