I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Joy, Joyful, Joyfully,

My favorite hymn is Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee

It tends to only be played as a Christmas carol, so it is nice to hear it so often during this season of special joy. There are dozens of different versions recorded. This morning while writing this, I tuned into YouTube and started listening to some of them. There was the pipe organ that moved something deep inside, and the Chinese dancers joyfully spinning to the music. Full church choirs and orchestras in perfect tune. A rather different choir in Glasgow sounding more like a night club band. A version from the movie Sister Act and even one recorded by Pink! (What a voice)! There was the youth worship band putting there own twist on it. Classic to hardcore metal, the message is still the same. God alone is your joy morning to morning. I could truly listen to it every day of the year. Truth be known, once, only once, I sang a solo. Why is a whole different story. But it was one verse of this wonderful hymn. Even back in those teen years, only my love of Him could give me the courage to do that! Just a reminder for today, He is the strength that will get me through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment