I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Handmade With Love

NaBloPoMo prompt for today: What was the last handmade gift you gave?

A prayer shawl. Inspired to make it for a friend who was hurting. I had some soft pretty yarn on hand, searched for a pattern that would be the right size for the amount of yarn I had, and went to work on it. Prayers were spoken for her as each stitch was made, because the premise of a prayer shawl is not just for the owner to pray with it, but for the maker to left up the receiver in prayer. It was given anonymously through the help of other friends, but I heard that she felt it was a true blessing at the time she most needed a touch of love.

What types of handmade items do you like to make and give as gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment