I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Technology is such a wonderful thing. Making our life so much easier at the touch of a button or the click of a mouse.  As a writer, one can type a couple hundred words into a document and then decide that one word used repeatedly is just not right. Thanks to some genius mind somewhere we can find the replace function and in two seconds change it to just the right phrase.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have a replace app for all the misspoken words of our lives? We all have wanted to eat our words at one point or another. Some of us more often then we care to admit.

There is one word that if I could change it would heal wounds, change self concept, and create the most imaginative mind I would have the pleasure of knowing.  To think of what damage one word has caused makes me hang my head in shame.

Change the word stupid to silly.

Hundreds of times, a sweet, innocent, searching, creative mind asked me "What if......." and I would respond with, "Another stupid what if question." Oh strike me dead on this spot! But in defense, it was the way I viewed the question. I thought I had to come up with an answer and I had none. I didn't see the wonderment of the imagination at work with words. My mind doesn't work that way. Maybe I was just to sick to see any silliness in the world.

Forgive me, sweet one, and go ask silly, but very intelligent questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment