I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Who's in Control?

NaBloPoMo prompt of the day:
What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you and why?

Definition of luck:
1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune
2. Good fortune or prosperity; success
3. One's personal fate or lot

Our prompt doesn't specify good luck or bad luck which clearly definitions #1 and #3 shows can be either.  My guess is that the prompter was looking for something that fits into #2.

I could write about a string of bad "luck" that has been happening in my life over the past few years, but in all honesty, I don't believe in luck. Everything happens for a reason. How we view it and what growth steps we take from it will make it good or bad.
So I'm pretty much backing down on the personal side of this prompt.

However, there is a situation in the life of a friend that makes me wonder about fate. The choices that change lives. It's not my story to tell, so the details will not be included here. But I ponder the lives of two little people who needed a permanent home. My friend's home was available for one. They were given the challenge of possibly bring both into their lives, but in the end decided to only accept one, not for lack of wanting two, but because they believed that it was the best for them.

Here is what I ponder, just as I'm sure my friend does in her heart, what kind of "luck" is it to be the one chosen to come into a loving family and the "fate" of the one who did not?
It would be enough to make one crazy if they thought they had that kind of control. But ultimately it is to a greater power into who's hand this was placed, and we trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment