I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Broadway Plays, Symphony Performances and Rollerskating

Kind of reminds me of the song "One of these things just doesn't belong."

Oh, but my friends, they all belong. Or did once seemingly a  long, long time ago.
Each one belong to a part of the make up of who I am. What I adored. What thrilled my inner being.
It's been almost four decades that part of me has been nourished.  One trades off the pleasures they like for the pleasures of the persons they love. It would be a perfect world if those pleasures matched, but lo, in my world, not even close. Back then, I was under the premise that it would be a trade off. We do what you like, then we do what I like. Nope. For whatever reason, and there were more than one ( like 4 bundles of joy along with miscellaneous other life happenstance) time, money, energy, they just didn't happen.
Thought life would be different at this point stage of life. Maybe around the next corner.....


No comments:

Post a Comment