I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Masks

When you saw the word mask, was your first interpretation protection, covering up, persona, or performance?


My first thought when asked this question was: Dr. Killdar and Ben Casey, both TV doctors of the sixties. So covering up fits, but not exactly. And protection fits, but again, not exactly.

Why do I think of doctors masks. Is there more buried in my subconscious that brings them to mind? Seriously doubt that to be the case. I had my share of emergency room visits as a child. Stitches. Stomach pumped. More stitches. No over-nighters or surgeries.

In the end, it just shows how much TV effected me. Pretty much was addicted to it.

Interesting thought though. If these TV doctors were such heros to my generation, could they have set a mindset for the way we view health care today. We seem to think that doctors and pills can cure anything. When in reality they are trained not to cure but to maintain  or manage illnesses. Oh but that is my soap box and is way off the path of the original question. Just wondering.....

No comments:

Post a Comment