I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Listen

It wasn't very quiet in the quiet place this morning. Surprising for a Saturday morning. Seemed like there was even more noise than weekday, rushing to get to work noise.
I heard His whisper, "Listen to the birds."
So I concentrated on that. Above the motorcycle roar. 
Below the jet that took off from the airport.
Through the dog barking and the kids screaming. They just kept singing.
Marvelous notes of joy.
Their joy. My joy to hear.
So what is the point. Well two actually.

He took me to Psalm 50:11 "I know all the birds of the mountains." He knows each of them..He knows me and all that is happening around me....He never stops for one second. Always with me. Never forsaking me.
And so, I need to keep listening, through all the junk that life throws at me, to the joyous songs that are being sung, may they be ever so faint, they are still there.
Just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment