I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is Personal

Just read something that resonated so very personally with me that I had to share. Seems that people always think there is a motive behind everything I do. Not true!

"All genuine emotion is and end in itself.  It is not consciously caused as a means to something else. This does not mean that we cannot or should not seek to have certain feelings. We should and can. We an put ourselves in situations where feelings may be more readily kindled. We may indeed prize some of these feelings as well as the feelings themselves. But in the moment of authentic emotion, the calculation vanishes. We are transported (perhaps only for seconds) above the reasoning work of the mind, and we experience feelings without reference to logic or practical implications." John Piper~Desiring God

So take it or leave it. I am emotional, not a calculating witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment