I can live without anything or anyone, but I cannot live without God!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful even though...

Joining in with the millions of people who start their "I'm so thankful for" lists just because the calendar says so, I write these words.

I am grateful for my job, even though I feel I could be doing so much more.
I am grateful for my health, even though I am not as spry as I use to be.
I am grateful for my house, even though it has major issues.
I am grateful for my computer, even though it is old and slow.
I am grateful for my food, even though it is far from being the best of choices.
I am grateful for hot water, even though the bill is sky high.
I am grateful for friends, even though I rarely see them.
I am grateful for my family, even though we are remote and distant from each other.
I am grateful for my country, even though it isn't perfect.

But most of all I am thankful for my God, even though I can't see Him.
Yet I know it is He who has given me all that I need.
I am thankful for His grace, past, present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment